Get fit and sculpt your waistline with these six roman chair exercises for obliques. This complete guide will show you how to do exercises to target your obliques with roman chair work!
Do you dream of having V-shaped lower abs? If so, have you ever figured out how to make it happen? You're in the right place if you don't know how to achieve a hero like obliques.
You may have seen many workout equipments in the gym–the roman chair is one of them. Practicing various exercises on the roman chair can help you attain a nice cut on either side of the abdomen.
Read the guide below to learn more about Roman chair exercises for obliques.
Read on to know more about;
- Benefits of Roman Chair for Obliques
- Exercises You Can Do With Roman Chair For Obliques
- And much, much more.
Benefits of Roman Chair Exercises for Obliques
If you want to give a perfect shape to your obliques, you must work out with a Roman chair. Practicing exercises on the Roman chair will benefit your obliques in the following way.
- Targeted Muscle Activation: The use of Roman chair results in muscle activation. It targets the oblique muscles; you get well-toned and shaped lower abs.
- Improved Core Strength: The obliques are a part of the core muscle group, which helps to enhance posture and maintain the spine's stability. You can help increase your core strength and stability by developing your oblique muscles.
- Injury Prevention: Building up the strength in your obliques can also help you avoid injury, especially for sports and hobbies like tennis and golf that need you to twist or bend your body.
- Better Athletic Performance: Strong oblique muscles can also help to improve your athletic performance, particularly in sports that require rotational movements, such as baseball, soccer, or basketball.
- Improved Aesthetics: Lastly, performing oblique workouts while sitting on a Roman chair will improve your core's appearance, giving you a well-toned body.
Exercises You Can Do With Roman Chair For Obliques
The Roman chair can be a great addition to your fitness routine. You can perform the following workouts if you want to build eye-catching obliques.
1. Side Twists
The side bends/ twists on a Roman chair work your obliques and lower abs. This way, you get in good shape.
How to Perform?
- Place both feet firmly on the ground in front of you. Sit on the Roman chair in this position with your knees bent.
- Using a weight plate or a medicine ball in both hands, rotate your torso to one side while moving the weight closer to the ground. This exercise is called the side-torso rotation.
- Take a quick break, and then switch to the opposite side.
- Repeat the reps as needed.
2. Russian Twists
Since Russian twists involve rotational movements, it works your obliques, core muscles, and shoulders. This way, you gain strength.
How to Perform?
- Place both feet firmly on the ground in front of you. Now sit on the Roman chair in this position with your knees bent.
- Exercise your abdominal muscles by grasping a weight plate or a medicine ball with both hands and leaning backward just a little.
- Turn your torso to one side while bringing the weight across your body. Take a quick break, and then switch to the opposite side.
- Repeat for several reps.
3. Oblique Crunches
It's one of the best exercises on a Roman chair. It targets your core muscles, especially obliques. They are on either side of the abdomen, so your obliques are in good shape.
How to Perform?
- Sit on the Roman chair, ensuring your feet are tucked between the padding.
- You should lean back and cross your arms over your chest.
- Raise your shoulder blades off the pad and rotate your body to the opposing side. Bring the elbow of the side you're twisting towards the knee of the opposite side.
- After that, perform the same motion on the opposite side and return to the beginning position.
4. Hanging Oblique Raises
Also known as Roman leg raises, this is an intermediate-level exercise. This workout works not only your abs but also your obliques and hip flexors.
How to Perform?
- Face the Roman chair and grasp the arms with both hands.
- Raise one leg off the floor and elevate it to one side while rotating your upper body.
- Bring your legs back down and switch sides.
- Is the Roman chair good for obliques?
Roman chair is a piece of excellent gym equipment for shaping your obliques. It allows you to practice various exercises on it that can lead to toning your obliques.
- What muscles does the Roman chair work?
Until now, you be well aware of a Roman chair. The lower back is the most common area for using this gear. You can also use it to strengthen the gluteal muscles, hamstrings, and abdominals.
- Why are obliques so hard to get?
The obliques are the side abdominal muscles. The internal and external obliques are the two muscles that comprise the oblique region. Building and strengthening those muscles is challenging because they're so large and dispersed.
Obliques are the most prominent of your body. Most men love to have attractive obliques for which they hit the gym and try different workouts.
Despite many efforts, they fail to achieve the desired outcome. They are ignorant about the right equipment's knowledge for shaping obliques.
Reading this blog must have taught you to avoid other equipment and get your hands on the Roman chair. It's the only gear that lets you perform different workouts, so you can help your obliques get in nice shape!