When it comes to making the perfect abs, sit-up benches always come to mind. Those who just started working out on sit-up benches don't know what exercises to do and what these exercises would do.
That’s why, in this article, I’m going to tell you about some of the best sit-up bench exercises that will help you get perfect abs, chest and body shape.
This topic will benefit you, so keep reading to find out more.
Let's start right away so we don't be late.
Best sit up bench exercises That Are Useful For Your Abs
Whenever I tell you about exercises, they will target your abs in different ways. So, if you want to have abs, you can try them out. Let’s dive in!
1) Reverse Crunches
When it comes to strengthening the midsection of the abs, reverse crunches are best. This exercise is completely safe and easy to perform. How will you do this exercise, though? Let’s learn how to do it step by step.
Way Of Exercise
- When you sit down, grab the bench's edge and extend your legs almost parallel to the ground.
- Back up with your body at a 45-degree angle.
- Take a deep breath while sitting up and bringing your knees up to your chest.
- When you return to where you were, take a deep breath.
It's that simple. You can easily do it without having any difficulty. Even if you’re a beginner, this exercise won’t be a big deal for you to do.
2) Decline Sit-Up Bench Exercise
Choosing a declination sit-up bench exercise allows you to move much more freely. Training programs for intermediate and advanced levels should include them.
You will definitely feel the heat when you do this exercise, which works your abs from top to bottom. Could you please explain how to do this? Let's begin.
Way of the Exercise
- Put your legs on the sit-up bench and secure them at the top.
- Lie on the bench with your lower back against it. Put your hands behind your head and pull your lower back up against the bench.
- While raising your shoulders about four inches off the bench, exhale.
- Your position should be reset after you have taken a breath.
Isn’t this exercise too easy to do?
3) Incline Sit-Up Bench Exercises (Leg Raises)
You will work your obliques and lower your abs in this workout. This workout also works your hips, which is a nice bonus. Your legs will also feel great when you use this for the first few times! In the following steps, you will learn how to perform this exercise.
Way of the Exercise
- Slowly raise your legs until they are perpendicular to the ground while seated on a flat bench.
- Hold them for one second, then slowly lower them to the beginning position.
4) Russian Twists
A Russian twist targets the muscles of the torso and spinal stabilisers (primarily the obliques). Furthermore, the exercise improves the isometric control of the core muscles while increasing the torso's rotational mobility.
The exercise can be performed easily even by beginners. Before we begin, let me remind you of a few things. Then we'll learn how to perform the exercise. Let's start by looking at them.
Things To Keep In Mind For Doing Russian Twists
- Start by pressing your feet into the floor or extending them straight out as you develop a feel for the movement.
- Take deep breaths steadily. Return to the centre by exhaling and then inhaling after each twist.
- You can twist while keeping your arms parallel to the floor, or you can tap the floor next to you while keeping your arms parallel to the floor.
- Throughout the exercise, keep your back and abdominal muscles active.
- Improve your stability by crossing your lower legs.
- Make sure your spine is straight and avoid slouching or rounding it.
- As your hands move, allow your eyes to follow them.
Having read the above tips, you can now move on to the steps of doing Russian twists.
Just follow the instructions given below.
Way of exercise
- It is important to anchor into your sit bones while lifting your feet off the ground with your knees bent.
- Create a V-shape with your thighs and torso by lengthening and straightening your spine at a 45-degree angle.
- Straighten your arms in front of you and clasp or interlock your fingers.
- Make a right-hand twist, then a centre-hand twist, then a left-hand twist using your abdominals.
- There is one repetition of this. Two to three sets of eight to sixteen repetitions are recommended.
5) Side Leg Lifts
Side leg lifts are the best sit-up bench exercise for beginners. Without any special equipment, side leg lifts may be performed anywhere.
In addition, they can save you time by allowing you to work your legs and core simultaneously. How do you perform this exercise? By following these steps, you will be able to accomplish this easily.
Ways Of Exercise
- Make sure your ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, and ears are in alignment when you lay on your side.
- Legs should be slightly in front (forming a banana shape helps balance and protects your lower back).
- Stretch out your lower arm to the side and lay your head on it, or rest your head on your hand. To elevate your legs, you should engage your core rather than using your arms, which are only there for balance.
- Your abs should be pulled in.
- As you take a breath in, let your body lengthen as the air travels all the way down your spine.
- When you exhale, engage your abdominals and lift your legs a few inches off the mat.
- Your inner legs should remain together from your sit bones to your heels at all times.
- Inhale and extend your body in a controlled motion as you bring your legs back to the mat.
- After 5 to 8 repetitions, switch sides and repeat.
That’s how you do that. These are some of the best sit-up bench exercises that you can do. Now let me answer some of your frequently asked questions.
1) Are sit up benches effective?
Yes, sit-up benches are effective, especially for losing extra weight from the body and building abs.
2) What are sit up exercises good for?
They’re good for making abs, having a good chest, and losing weight.
If you want to get perfect abs, then the above-mentioned exercises will help you do that. Also, these exercises are effective for your chest, arms, and legs. So, give them a shot and let me know if you’re having any issues. I’d love to help you out.